The Green Thumb Foundation
Our purpose is to feed the hungry.
What We Do:
We host charity picnics at Piedmont Park in Atlanta for the hungry to attend. The charity picnic's location has been strategically chosen to ensure the convenience of public transportation nearby. Delicious barbecue food and ice-cold beverages is provided to all attendees.
What You Can Do:
It's nothing more heart warming than seeing everyone involved! Not only will you feel great about your contribution to the Green Thumb foundation but you'll benefit families in need! How can you contribute? Your presence and your donation!
- Soda (cans)
- Paper plates
- Water (Bottles)
- Chips (Snack bags)
- Anything you feel picnic-suitable
- Your time; The most important thing!
The Green Thumb Foundation needs a team and your efforts will pay off in all aspects!
Contact DJ Green Thumb directly at (404)645-1854 for more information.
Arts Center Station Directions
Take the West Peachtree Street exit out of the station and turn left on West Peachtree Street. Walk one block and turn left again on 14th Street and walk an additional three blocks to reach the park. Walking time is about 15 minutes.
Turn right (east) on 10th Street to reach the park. This route will put you closer to meadow and Park Tavern. It is approximately a 10 minute walk to the edge of the park.
Three buses will also put you next to the park if you don’t want to walk the 10-15 minute distance from or to the train. All buses depart from the Midtown station:
- Bus 36 goes down 10th Street and on to the Virginia Highland, Emory and the Avondale Station
- Bus 99 also goes down 10th Street and then south on Monroe Drive to the Georgia State Station
- Bus 27 has a stop just outside the 14th Street park entrance and then travels on to the Botanical Garden and Lindbergh Center
The following park entrances are wheelchair accessible:
- 12th Street Gate
- 14th Street Gate
- Charles Allen Drive Gate
- Park Drive.
- Piedmont Park Conservancy Offices
- Magnolia Hall
- Piedmont Park Conservancy Community Center
- Visitors Center
- Tennis Center and Oak Hill.
Parking in and around the park is very limited. Park visitors are strongly encouraged to utilize public transportation.
The SAGE Parking Facility is open and the surface lot at Piedmont Park has been returned to green space. The parking facility is available for visitors to Piedmont Park. The parking facility is operated by Lanier Parking Solutions.
Daily Parking Rates:
- Drop-off period (0 - 30 minutes): No charge
- 31 - 60 minutes: $2.00
- Each additional 30 minutes: $1.00
- Maximum daily rate: $15.00
- The closest MARTA station with free parking is the Lindbergh Center MARTA station.
- If you exit at the Midtown station, peer into the bus bay to see if any of the buses are there that travel to the park to save time walking, unless you prefer the exercise.
- It is free to transfer to the bus from the train, just tap your Breeze Card when exiting the station and again on the bus.